Raw this week kicked off the Superstar-Shake Up, with many SmackDown Live stars and even an NXT callup making their way to the red brand. The show also featured a title change. Let’s take a look at the takeaways from Raw this week.
During this article, we will take a look at what transpired on Raw this week, what might happen in storyline from here and what is the biggest news coming out of the show.
List of events:
- Kurt Angle opens the show, as Jinder Mahal makes his Raw return alongside Sunil Singh. Mahal is furious at how he was treated, leading to Angle booking an impromptu United States Championship match.
- Jeff Hardy accepted the challenge and walked away as the United States Championship, leaving Mahal furious.
- It seems Mahal and No Way Jose will be having their first Raw feud together, as Jose had a backstage dancing segment that interrupted a furious Mahal promo with Renee Young.
- It is confirmed that Mahal vs. Hardy will take place at the Greatest Royal Rumble on April 27 in Saudi Arabia.
- Bayley and Sasha Banks begin to brawl, but The Riott Squad debut on SmackDown Live and take out both women to stand tall.
- The Authors of Pain faced off against Rhyno and Heath Slater again. This time around, it seemed Rhyno and Slater had more offense, but they still fell in the end. Authors of Pain continue to stand tall. We expect they get a Championship match in the near future.
- Miz TV, as The Miz and Miztourage announce Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens are now on Raw. This brings out Angle, who didn’t approve of the contracts. Zayn reads an email from Stephanie McMahon claiming they’ve been hired by her. Angle takes a shot at McMahon for her arm being injured by Ronda Rousey, before announcing that there would be a 5 on 5 main event as the men in the ring will take on Bobby Lashley, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Braun Strowman and a new star from SmackDown Live. He also reveals that The Miz is returning to SmackDown Live due to Daniel Bryan pulling some strings… but he’ll also be going alone.
- The Revival are defeated in a relatively quick match by ‘Woken’ Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt. This means that Hardy & Wyatt will face The Bar at the Greatest Royal Rumble.
- The Bar is shown backstage, where they receive tickets from the Fashion Police in Breezango. They are now on Raw.
- Rousey and Angle are talking backstage, as Natalya comes forward. The two hug and reveal they had trained together. This is true, not kayfabe. She appears face, also claiming maybe she is second best next to Rousey. She thanks them for getting the chance to revive herself on Raw and leaves.
- Ember Moon and Mickie James have a fantastic match, as Moon pulls off a very interesting Eclipse to win the match. Moon recently talked about how that move came to be, if you want to read about that here. Nia Jax was on commentary, and Alexa Bliss cut a promo about Jax being a bully from backstage during the match.
- There is an interesting dynamic backstage as the heel team for the main event discuss Miz going to SmackDown Live and the match during the night. The Miztourage look to be in a lot of thought, which Miz doesn’t make easier by demanding them to come strategize with the rest of them.
- Dolph Ziggler comes out, making his Raw return. He begins to cut his usual promo about being the best, before being interrupted by Titus Worldwide. They attempt to get Ziggler to join, before Ziggler announces he didn’t come to Raw alone. In comes Drew McIntyre from the crowd, making his return to the main roster and his NXT call-up, He attacks Titus Worldwide from behind. He and Ziggler beat the opposing team up and hit a fantastic Zig-Zag and Claymore combination finisher to stand tall. So WWE must have decided to turn him heel.
- Roman Reigns comes out to talk about his match at the Greatest Royal Rumble, but is interrupted by Samoa Joe again. The two go back and forth, as Joe reminds Reigns that he will lose either way. They prepare to fight but Joe backs down and walks away.
- Natalya defeated Mandy Rose of Absolution in what was a relatively quick match. Sonya Deville and Rose both attack Natalya after the match. Rousey is out to take out both women and save Natalya. We sense this may be a ploy to turn Natalya heel on Rousey and set up a match or feud between the two of them, but it is early days here.
- Breezango gets a surprising victory over The Bar after a relatively interesting match. Breeze got the roll-up victory on Cesaro.
- Renee Young is backstage with Elias. Elias begins to talk about Lashley and as he starts to give Young a private concert, she explains that she doesn’t have time for the performance, handing it back to announcers as Elias walks off. We believe this was supposed to be symbolic of where Elias goes now.
- Main event time, as Bobby Roode is confirmed for Raw. The face team is victorious after everyone gets their stuff in. Strowman pinned The Miz after The Miztourage dropped down from the apron and left the ‘A-Lister.’
- Several additional names were confirmed for Raw after the show. Check those names out here.
Let us know what you thought of Raw. Which Superstar are you most excited to see on Raw?
Let us know in the comments below or over on our Facebook page or Twitter account. Additionally, you can find me on Twitter at @SOSNH1995. We also want to remind you that we have a Newsletter you can sign up to. This will allow us to send you the best news in one place via an email. We also have the Wrestling Rumors app that we encourage you all to download to get updates faster than they release on our various pages. It is available for Android and iOS devices.