The Jan. 8 edition of Wrestling Observer Radio on F4Wonline.com has provided some insider notes from the WWE Network reveal that took place in Las Vegas, Nev. Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer from F4Wonline.com and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter attended the monumental event, claiming the company served up a lot of information, technological advances, and alcohol.
Meltzer and Alvarez also claim that Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan were not at the event, in any form or fashion. They both said, “no matter what anyone says,” Hogan was not there. This report comes after PWInsider, as well as a slew of other wrestling news outlets, claimed that Hogan was at the venue the reveal was taking place, and would more than likely be a “surprise” guest. Hogan also denied being in Las Vegas during the event, revealing on Twitter that he was in Florida at his “Hogan’s Beach” location filming something with fisherman Charlie Moore.
The following is what Alvarez and Meltzer had to report from the WWE Network reveal:
1) WWE apparently went all out for the event, catering the big reveal with lamb, chicken, and a big supply of alcohol.
2) WWE Network will not be available to purchase on a month-to-month basis. Subscriptions will be available as six-month commitments on a six-month cycle. Close to the end of each six-month cycle, the user will be notified to renew their subscription. No word yet if there will be an “auto-renew” function available for users.
3) It’s true, every WWE DVD will be available on the WWE Network. There has been zero confirmation on if this content includes any of the old WWE/WWF Coliseum Home Videos, but one would believe that eventually they too would be available.
4) WWE may stream current WWE App content, such as backstage segments and commercial-break action, on the WWE Network during live weekly WWE television broadcasts.
5) The advertised “Remind Me” function of the network will kind of work like a built-in DVR. It will update you on when your favorite shows are about to air, and allow you to set them to record in case you do miss them.