You mean they weren’t doing that before? One of the most common criticisms of the current WWE product is how the stories don’t always make the most sense. There is some truth to that as some of the continuity is lacking to put it mildly. It’s something that has needed to be fixed for a long time, and for the first time in a long time WWE seems to agree.
WWE has posted a new job opening on its corporate website, looking for a Continuity Script Supervisor. The job mainly focuses on keeping the scripts in line week to week for both Monday Night Raw and SmackDown Live, making it clear that each script make sense and lines up with previous shows. They also much make sure that the two shows line up as well. Here are the qualifications:
* Maintain and Oversee the weekly Continuity documents for RAW and SmackDown Live.
* In charge of proofreading all drafts of RAW, SmackDown Live and PPV Scripts each week.
* Will assure all major stories, graphics and transitions are being brought forward for all shows and nothing is being overlooked.
* Create, set and communicate weekly checklists for all shows to keep Lead Writers on track and making sure they are bringing all stories forward.
* Responsible for watching all shows and up to date on all creative and all WWE related events. (Digital, Social, Publix Relations, Community Relations, etc.)
* Serve as a liaison between RAW and SmackDown Live to ensure continuity between the creative of both shows.
* Works closely with Head of Department, VPs and Lead Writers throughout the creative process to ensure the entire Creative Writing Team is on the same page.
So I guess they would need to prevent these things? Check out the best I can do with something like this:
Opinion: So wait: the company is just admitting that there’s no continuity between their scripts? I’m going to go on a limb and say that it’s not quite that simple but this is something that they need to be covering. Now that being said, I can’t imagine this lasting very long as not only is it something that is hard to do, but I have a feeling that WWE is going to drive this person insane as continuity hasn’t been their strong suit in a long time.
How much good could this do? How long will the improvements last? Let us know in the comments below.
Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since 2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his Amazon author page with 28 wrestling books. His latest book is the the Complete 2000 Monday Nitro and Thunder Reviews Part 1.
Get the latest and greatest in professional wrestling news by signing up for our daily email newsletter. Just look below for “GET EXCLUSIVE UPDATES” to sign up. We are proud to offer our popular Wrestling Rumors app and encourage you to download it for an optimized user experience. It is available for Android and also on iOS. Thank you for reading!