Get your envelopes ready. Debating/arguing the best in wrestling is a rite of passage among fans. Everyone has done it at some point in their time as a fan and that will always be the case. It is an easy thing to do as everyone has a take of some kind. It makes for some interesting discussions, but it can be even more interesting when someone on the inside gets involved. That is the case again this week.
WWE’s The Bump has unveiled the categories and nominees for their half year awards known as the Bumpys. The awards will be fan voted with the winners being named on the August 4 edition of the Bump at 10am EST. There are five categories this time, including Superstar, Match, Rivalry, Moment and Tag Team of the Half-Year. Here are the nominees for the first half of 2021:
Superstar of the Half-Year
* Roman Reigns
* Bianca Belair
* Bobby Lashley
* Raquel Gonzalez
Match of the Half-Year
* Bianca Belair vs. Sasha Banks at WrestleMania 37
* Roman Reigns vs. Edge vs. Danie Bryan at WrestleMania 37
* MSK vs Grizzled Young Veterans at NXT TakeOver: Vengeance Day
* Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus at WWE Fastlane
* Bianca Belair vs. Bayley at WWE Hell in a Cell
Rivalry of the Half-Year
* Drew McIntyre vs. Bobby Lashley
* Kyle O’Reilly vs. Adam Cole
* Bad Bunny vs. The Miz
* Bianca Belair and Bayley
* Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins
Moment of the Half-Year
* Bianca Belair’s Road to WrestleMania
* Bad Bunny at WrestleMania
* Rey & Dominik Mysterio win the SmackDown Tag Team Titles
* The Breakup of the Undisputed ERA
* Bobby Lashley wins the WWE Title
Tag Team of the Half-Year
* Natalya & Tamina
* AJ Styles & Omos
* Rey & Dominik Mysterio
* The Way – Candice LeRae & Indi Hartwell
There are some great ones in there. Check out some of the nominees:
Opinion: These things can always be fun, but at the same time you are always going to have someone or something left out. It is kind of hard to fathom that Walter is not up for a Match Of The Half-Year but for some reason his match against Tommaso Ciampa is left out. There are some good choices on there though and the winners should be fun, especially since it is just a fan voted award.
What are you picks? What should have been nominated? Let us know in the comments below.
Thomas Hall has been a wrestling fan for over thirty years and has seen over 50,000 wrestling matches. He has also been a wrestling reviewer since 2009 with over 5,000 full shows covered. You can find his work at kbwrestlingreviews.com, or check out his- Amazon author page with 30 wrestling books.
Keep up with the LATEST WRESTLING RUMORS! Click here to sign up for the exclusive Wrestling Rumors daily newsletter, delivered right to your inbox.