It got a lot worse. There was a lot going on over the weekend in the world of wrestling and perhaps the most bizarre was CM Punk going off at a media scrum after AEW All Out. Punk ranted about all kinds of people in the AEW locker room, including the company’s executive vice presidents. This reportedly led to a backstage altercation and now we know some very interesting details.
• While initial reports say that Punk started the fight by swinging at Matt Jackson, it is not clear who threw the first punch.
• Kenny Omega was present for the ordeal but he did not get physical with Punk.
• Ace Steel, Punk’s trainer and AEW agent, was also involved in the fight and threw a chair, possibly leaving Nick Jackson “knocked out” or rocked”. Steel also reportedly bit Omega and pulled his hair.
• Christopher Daniels and Pat Buck were involved in the situation as well, though it is not clear what they did or how much they took part.
• There is said to be a split over who was at fault, with Punk being blamed for his rant at the media scrum and the Elite being blamed for storming into Punk’s locker room and leaving him outnumbered.
• Tony Khan was not present for the fight as he was still answering questions at the media scrum.
• Nothing is believed to have been recorded on video.
Opinion: Well first of all, I think that’s about it for Steel in AEW. After dropping an audible F bomb last week on Dynamite and now this on top of it, there is only so much that can be taken from any producer. I have no idea where the rest of this is going to go, but eventually AEW is going to have to pick which side they want to support. Either that or this is going to tear the company apart and that is nothing that needs to happen.
What do you think of the situation? Where do you see this going? Let us know in the comments below.
Please share this story on Facebook! Help us spread the word!
Get the LATEST RUMORS! Click to sign up for the exclusive Wrestling Rumors daily newsletter.