Five more on the list. With the Mae Young Classic coming later this summer, one of the biggest and most important questions was who would fill out the field. A few of the thirty two names have been announced but now WWE had added another five names to the list, some of whom you’ve probably seen before.
* Tessa Blanchard: The daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Tully Blanchard has appeared on “NXT” TV multiple times over the years. While only 21 years old, she has wrestled all over the world and will be appearing in “Fighting With My Family.”
* Abbey Laith: The other performer who has appeared on “NXT” TV, albeit under the name Kimberly Frankle. She is better known as Princess Kimber Lee on the independent circuit, which included a reign as the Chikara Grand Champion.
* Taynara Conti: Conti is a judoka who participated in the 2016 Olympic Trials but didn’t quite make the team. The performance was good enough to earn her a spot in NXT though and she has been training at the Performance Center for the last eight months.
* Jazzy Gabert: This is more of your standard signee as Gabert has wrestled around the world for the last fifteen years, primarily in Japan and Europe, making her one of the more experienced competitors in the field. She has also trained in MMA and strong woman competitions.
* Kavita Devi: From India, Devi was trained by Great Khali and is a successful powerlifter. She was a participant at a WWE tryout earlier this year but there is no word on her being signed. Devi will be the first Indian woman to ever wrestle for the company.
Opinion: What I’m looking forward to with this tournament is the mix of new names and familiar faces. I’ve heard of some of these names but some of the others are going to be new names added to the field to give us some fresh matchups. That gives the tournament an interesting feeling as you don’t know what might happen, giving you a reason to watch.
Who is your favorite of these five? Who do you want to see make the field? Let us know in the comments below.