Roman Reigns starts the show. Loud boos and loud cheers from the two demos. The vocal males drowned out his promo. He’s stressing the “Not a good guy, not a bad guy, but The Guy” line. AJ Styles interrupted to huge cheers as the counter to Reigns. Show of respect, but said he wants the title. Reigns said he’ll never beat him for it and patronizingly patted him on the shoulder before leaving. No date for the title match.
It is announced that AJ Styles and Cesaro will team up to face Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens later in the show.
The Vaudevillains defeated Lucha Dragons
– Eh debut. Crowd didn’t know what to make of their act, but clapped along to the old-time music. Not clear if heel or face and pinned US champ Kalisto. Not a good week to be a mid-card champ. Crowd sat quietly as they celebrated the win, not sure why Kalisto just lost.
Natalya defeated Summer Rae
– Natalya won via submission. Charlotte and Ric Rlair joined commentary. More like Charlotte was on commentary and Flair just sat next to her. Natalya put Summer in the Sharpshooter right in front of Charlotte. Post-match stare down. They got out quick, but Flair was a little slow exiting. Charlotte had to come back and get him. “C’mon dad!”
The Miz defeated Zack Ryder to retain
– When Miz was in trouble, Maryse undid the bottom turnbuckle pad and threw it towards Ryder. Miz then punched Ryder in the face and hit the Skull Crushing Finale for the win. So much for that.
Apollo Crews defeated Curtis Axel
– Axel lost paper rock scissors with the other Outcasts to get the match. Crews hit the delayed sit-out powerbomb for the win.
– The Dudley Boyz call out Roman Reigns in a backstage promo.
– Another backstage interview with Becky Lynch, who says she will never stop chasing the Women’s Title. Emma interrupted and told her she belongs at the back of the line.
Dean Ambrose defeated Tyler Breeze
– Ambrose won after he hit a rebound clothesline and Dirty Deeds. As he was leaving, Chris Jericho made his entrance for his tag match, and Dean teased a confrontation, but Jericho walked past him.
AJ Styles & Cesaro defeated Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens
– Initially, Owens and Jericho got into it, selling not getting along. Said to be a very good tag match. Real funny comedy sequence during the mid-match “break.” Zayn came out restrained by agents and refs, distracting Owens, who got rolled up by Styles for the pin. Big post-fight brawl on the floor between Owens and Zayn. Owens got the best of him. That seemed to be the end of Smackdown.
[h/t to WrestleZone.com]