Here we go again. According to a report from ESPNformer UFC competitor Conor McGregor has been charged with assault, following an incident that occurred in Dublin, Ireland, in April of this year.

McGregor was formally served with a summons and is due in a Dublin court Oct. 11 on the charge. The assault charge carries a maximum prison term of six months if convicted, a fine of $1,646, or both.

The report states that the incident occurred on April 6 at the Marble Arch pub in Dublin. McGregor, 31, was captured on camera punching a 50-year old man, who was sitting at the bar, in the face.

McGregor said the following in an interview with ESPN earlier this summer:

“I was in the wrong,” McGregor said. “That man deserved to enjoy his time in the pub without having it end the way it did. … I tried to make amends, and I made amends back then. But it doesn’t matter. I was in the wrong. I must come here before you and take accountability and take responsibility. I owe it to the people that have been supporting me. I owe it to my mother, my father, my family. I owe it to the people who trained me in martial arts. That’s not who I am. That’s not the reason why I got into martial arts or studying combat sports. The reason I got into it was to defend against that type of scenario.”

“I must get my head screwed on and just get back in the game and fight for redemption, retribution, respect — the things that made me the man I am,” McGregor told ESPN in August. “And that’s what I will do.”

Check out his interview on ESPN:

video

He was under investigation for sexual assault in Ireland back in March of this year.

We will monitor this story and provide updates as they are provided to us.

What do you think will happen to Conor McGregor? Leave us a comment below, or post a comment on our Facebook page! Also, be sure to sign up for our newsletter and download our App from your favorite App Store!

MORE IN WRESTLING

  • Wow. AEW Dynamite’s Ratings And Viewership Numbers Hit It Out Of The Park And Smash NXT While Setting A Record.

    News
  • What Did WWE Think Of AEW Dynamite’s Debut?

    News
  • (VIDEO): Surprise No Surprise? FOX Releases An Ad Showing Monday Night Raw Names As SmackDown Superstars.

    News
  • RUMOR: It Doesn’t Go Away. A Group Of Wrestlers Will Not Work With Hulk Hogan And Crown Jewel May Be Affected.

    News
  • RUMOR: There’s A Reason For That. Here’s Why Ric Flair Is Working Crown Jewel Despite Issues With WWE.

    News
  • Triple Shot. Three Big Matches Took Place After Dynamite Went Off The Air With Some Popular Names In Action..

    News
  • (WATCH): It Worked Once. Another NXT Legend Returns To The Show With Sights On Gold.

    News
  • The Future Is Changing. WWE Makes Important Change To One Of Its Championships.

    News
  • The First Of Many. History Is Made At AEW Dynamite.

    News
  • (VIDEO): You Have To Start Somewhere. Here Is The First Full Episode Of WWE’s Newest Series.

    News